Why Choose Us?
If you enjoy working with people who are practical, put your safety first, and care about the communities in which they work, then NZ Bus is the place for you.
We are a strong and successful New Zealand owned and operated company, and can offer you a great career path, whether you are interested in driving a bus or maintaining them, human resources, finance, marketing or IT, NZ Bus covers just about every job you can imagine in the public transport sector.
Our success comes from our people. We work in a safe and satisfying environment. We choose to treat each other with trust and respect and maintain a healthy balance between work and family life. Our experience, teamwork and ability to deliver over 50 million customers across Auckland and Wellington safely to their destinations every year are our most valued and rewarded strengths.
We strive to be an employer of choice and can provide great jobs, career development, reward and recognition and benefits. With so much change and growth, you will always have the chance to improve in your career. We have a strong and transparent internal recruitment focus, which makes applying for jobs accessible to all. This means that if you show potential, there are opportunities for careers in all areas of our business.
We aim to make applying for a job with NZ Bus as easy as possible.
The following is a general outline of the selection process:
- Submit your application online
- Once we have reviewed your details, we will be in touch either via email or phone.
- We also want to understand more about your working styles and abilities so we will invite you to attend a formal interview with the hiring manager and/ or one of our recruitment consultants.
- We will also conduct background checks, including speaking with your referees from previous employment. Criminal and traffic checks will be completed and depending on the role, you will have a medical assessment.
- Finally, if you have been successful, we will make you an offer of employment.