Health and Safety
NZ Bus is committed to a Zero Harm approach to health and safety. The consideration of health and safety underpins all activities in the organisation. To achieve this, our people are supported by:
- our Chief Risk Officer, who reports directly to NZ Bus’s CEO,
- health and safety specialists embedded within the business,
- regular health, safety, security and environment committee meetings,
- health and safety training,
- active investigation and root cause analysis of motor vehicle accidents and injuries’
- a comprehensive health and safety framework and manual.
Our Zero Harm culture is actively supported by management and all staff are supported and encouraged to take responsibility for each other within the work environment. To promote safety awareness we have an integrated programme of training (Pathway to Safer Driving) and awareness raising media such as regular health and safety videos made by staff that are distributed throughout the organisation.
NZ Bus has participated in the ACC Partnership Programme since 2000. We believe it is our responsibility as an employer to monitor and evaluate injury prevention and injury management performance in the workplace.
NZ Bus actively promotes a system of continuous improvement in relation to workplace health and safety systems and ensure that the consideration and response to health and safety risks is integrated in all practices across the business.