Ministry of Transport
The Ministry of Transport is the government's principal transport adviser, and the bulk of its work is in providing policy advice and support to Ministers.
Through this advice it aims to:
- improve the overall performance of the transport system
- improve the performance of transport Crown entities
- achieve better value for money for the government from its investment in the transport system.
The Ministry helps the government give effect to its policy by supporting the development of legislation, regulations and rules. It also manages and accounts for funds invested in transport.
It also has an oversight role assisting government in its relationship with the transport Crown entities to ensure they are effectively governed, and are accountable for their performance.
- New Zealand Transport Agency
- Auckland Transport
- Greater Wellington Regional Council
- Ministry of Transport