Health and Safety
Senior Management is committed to ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of staff, contractors, public, and others who may be impacted by the work that we are responsible for.
All staff at NZ Bus understand the need to manage risks in the workplace and that good safety practice will help achieve successful business outcomes. Supporting this are:
- A National HSSE Manager who reports directly to the CEO and is responsible for the strategic direction of health and safety at NZ Bus
- A HSSE team of advisors who are located within the business and work in partnership with management
- Forums that promote positive engagement with staff and their representatives on health and safety matters that may directly affect them
- Appropriate systems and processes that enable our people to participate effectively in health and safety, and which are consistent with our values of RELIABILITY, RESPECT and FIT FOR PURPOSE.
- Regular monitoring and evaluation of our injury prevention and injury management performance through the ACC Accredited Employers Programme, which NZ Bus has been a member of since 2000.
- Integration of health and safety risk management into all business practices across the NZ Bus.